The World’s Strongest Blue Light Protection Has Arrived
With the much-anticipated release of iPhone 15, Apple once again raised the bar in terms of design and display quality. To protect the new iPhone, ZAGG has introduced the Glass XTR3 blue light screen protector with Eyesafe® RPF60 technology. Glass XTR3 is the world’s first and only screen protector with Eyesafe RPF60, a breakthrough technology that filters 60% of blue light (at 435-440nm). This level of blue light filtration is unprecedented and reaffirms ZAGG’s global leadership as the most trusted mobile accessories brand.
The Evolution of Screen Protection
Screen protectors have come a long way since the early days of cell phones. They have evolved from basic plastic films to sophisticated, high-tech solutions that offer superior protection from drops and scratches, anti-microbial films, precise installation and blue light protection. When it comes to safeguarding your iPhone’s impressive super Retina XDR display, you need a screen protector that can keep up.
Meet ZAGG’s Glass XTR3 Screen Protector for iPhone 15
ZAGG’s Glass XTR3 is designed to complement the brilliance of your device. It offers a range of features and benefits that make it a must-have accessory.
- 10X Stronger: Glass XTR3 is made with shock-absorbing Hexiom impact technology that makes it up to 10X stronger than traditional glass screen protection.1
- Highest Level of Blue Light Protection: New-to-the-world Eyesafe RPF60 technology filters blue light to help improve eye comfort and sleep, and won’t change the colors on your screen.
- Anti-Reflective Technology: This new treatment significantly decreases reflection and increases the light transmitted to improve your screens clarity and enrich the color depth and vibrancy of the images on your screen.
Eyesafe RPF60 Technology: A Game-Changer
What sets Glass XTR3 apart from competition? It is the world’s first and only screen protector with Eyesafe RPF60 technology, which filters out 60% of intense blue light (435-440nm). As screen time reaches 13 hours a day, blue light protection can help improve eye comfort while scrolling your work emails. And if you enjoy browsing social media at night, blue light protection can help reduce sleep problems – such as trouble falling asleep or waking during the night.
- Eyesafe Technology, Explained: Eyesafe’s advanced technology is embedded into optical films to filter out a portion of blue light emitted by a digital device, such as an iPhone. The patented process of selective filtration at the wavelengths between 435-440 nanometers (nm), along with redistribution of color along the spectrum ensures vivid color and luminance are preserved.
- The Importance of Selective Filtration at 435-440 nm: Based on input from eye care professionals and key standards from the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) and the International Commission on Non-Ionizing Radiation Protection (ICNIRP), the wavelength between 435-440 nm carries the most risk to our eyes because light is more likely to penetrate the eye’s protective structures, such as the cornea and lens, and reach the retina.2
- RPF: A Tool for Comparing Blue Light Screen Protectors: RPF is designed similar to SPF, in that higher numbers indicate better protection. Products are tested and assigned an RPF value, such as RPF60, that indicates a screen protector filters 60% of blue light (435-440 nm). RPF empowers consumers to make informed choices based on their screen time habits.
The Health Benefits of Blue Light Protection
The benefits of Glass XTR3 go beyond screen protection. The Eyesafe layer infuses blue light protection to help with eye comfort and sleep, while reducing the risk for long-term vision problems.
- Eyes and Body: Screen time has been on the rise for the last 20 years. According to the Vision Council, many people experience eye discomfort and vision problems when using digital devices for extended periods.3
- Sleep: The use of digital devices at night may suppress the release of melatonin, the hormone responsible for making us feel drowsy. Too much blue light exposure from viewing screens at night may result in trouble falling asleep, waking up during the night, and reduced alertness the next day.4
- Long-Term: There is evidence that the eye is susceptible to blue light exposure, and that cumulative exposure may increase the likelihood of vision problems. More research is needed to ascertain long-term impacts to the retina and any links to chronic vision problems.3
Glass XTR3 with Eyesafe technology is available for the iPhone 15, Plus, Pro and Pro Max. You can find it at zagg.com, as well as in-store at Verizon, T-Mobile, AT&T, Best Buy, Target, and Walmart stores nationwide.
Protect Better with ZAGG
In a world where our cell phones are essential to our daily lives, protecting our devices and reducing blue light emissions is crucial. ZAGG’s Glass XTR3 screen protector with Eyesafe technology not only safeguards your device but also contributes to your overall health and well-being. Don’t compromise on protection or your health; explore ZAGG’s latest innovation today.
Eyesafe Inc. is the world leader in blue light management, including display technology, standards, certification, and accessory solutions. With an expansive portfolio of intellectual property, the company employs a world-class team of eye doctors, engineers, and scientists with decades of experience in electronics, display materials, light management, optometry, and ophthalmology. The Eyesafe brand is trusted by consumers and integrated in millions of digital devices from Dell, HP, Lenovo, LG, ZAGG and more. Eyesafe is recognized by Inc. 5000 as one of the fastest growing private companies in America and by the Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal as the #1 Fastest Growing Company in Minnesota. Learn more at eyesafe.com.
(1) Tests conducted by 3rd party independent lab; tested up to 10x stronger than traditional glass screen protection.
(2) American National Standards Institute (ANSI) Z80.3 and International Commission on Non-Ionizing Radiation Protection (ICNIRP) guidelines showing most toxic portions of the blue spectrum.
(4) Chang AM, et al. Evening use of light-emitting eReaders negatively affects sleep, circadian timing, and next-morning alertness. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States (PNAS). January 2015. 112(4): 1232-1237.