July 22, 2019: A new survey of full-time and part-time employees reveals concerns around impacts of device use and blue light exposure in the workplace. The survey conducted by AYTM (Ask Your Target Market) with 600 respondents identifies that the majority of device users are on screens up to 10 hours per day, aware of health issues from device use, and believe that protection from blue light will increase their productivity in the workplace.
• Most employees are on Devices 4-10 Hours Per Day (56%) and 34% report using devices 8-14 hours per day (1,2)
• 76% are aware of health issues of screen time and blue light (1,2)
• 66% believe blue light protection from devices will lead to a 25-50% increase in their productivity (1,2)
• 73% are willing to spend at least $50 more for a device with effective blue light protection (1,2); and
• They believe that employers should be providing options (1)
• 600 Full-time or part-time employed, U.S. residents, male and female
1. Are you aware of the health and safety concerns that have been raised about screen time and extended exposure to blue light from devices?
o 76% identify that they are aware of health concerns around screen time and exposure to blue light (1,2)
2. How many hours during a typical day would you estimate you are looking at a computer monitor, laptop, TV or screen?
o 56% identify that they are using a computer monitor, laptop, TV or screen 4-10 hours per day (1,2)
o 34% identify that they are using a computer monitor, laptop, TV or screen 8-14 hours per day (1,2)
3. What level of productivity increase might you experience if you knew your computer had Eyesafe to protect from harmful blue light?
o 66% identify that they expect to be between 25-50% more productive through protection from harmful blue light with Eyesafe (1,2)
4. How much more would you be willing to spend on a monitor with Eyesafe that protects eyes from high-energy blue light?
o 73.6% identify willingness to pay at least $50 per notebook or monitor for Eyesafe blue light protection (1,2)
5. Do you believe that employers should be offering computers that protect employees from high-energy blue light?
o 89% believe that employers should be offering computers that protect from high-energy blue light (1)
Survey 1 Q3, Q8, Q9:
1. Survey 1: Workplace Survey; Device Use & Blue Light. Completed June 25, 2019. Released July 22, 2019
2. Survey 2: Workplace Survey; Monitor Use & Blue Light. Completed July 4, 2019. Released July 22, 2019